Help for LINUX-L Archives

LINUX-L Archives

Subject: Re: Liberal Arts Majors and Linux
From: Jeff Lasman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 2 May 2004 10:57:43 -0700

On Thursday 29 April 2004 02:06 pm, John Waaser wrote:

> I would always
> yell out TRS-DOS (or NEWDOS and L-DOS)

NewDOS was ok, but LDOS (though much more complex) was awesome,
especially when you consider the hardware it was developed on.

It was written for us (LOBO) because we needed a replacement for all the
RAM in the TRS-80, and then ported to the TRS-80 and renamed from
"Lobo's Disk Operating System" to "Logical Disk Operating System".

> Okay, Os-9 was for the 6809 processor--anyone remember that one?

Of course.  Ohio Scientific.  What do you take me for, a n00b <smile>?

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation