Help for SOCNET Archives

SOCNET Archives

Subject: [socnet] networks through Web linking
From: Eszter Hargittai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 24 May 2002 00:41:19 -0400

Hi,

For those interested in networks of Web sites created via hyperlinking, I recommend the following piece:
Use the blog, Luke by Steven Johnson
http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2002/05/10/blogbrain/index.html

It's a nice discussion of blogs (Web logs) and the significance of their interlinking (also see commentaries on Googlebombing for that).  The author suggests ways in which the utility of blogs could be improved, largely based on taking advantage of the networks that develop among blogs. (For my own comments on the piece, see my related entry on my blog at http://www.esztersblog.com .)

Eszter
(Sociology, Princeton)
---
Eszter's List: http://www.eszter.com/elist