Help for SOCNET Archives

SOCNET Archives

Subject: Fw: SOCNET Query - actual vs perceived attitudes
From: "David C. Bell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 30 May 2002 08:27:36 -0500

In a test of the theory of reasoned action to predict condom use, we found
that a network-based interaction measure worked better in constructing a
subjective norms predictor than did the original theory's "willingness to
comply" measure.
Richard, Bell & Montoya. (2000). Normative influence in personal networks:
Application to condom use. AIDS Education and Prevention, 12(4): 357-375.

Dave Bell