Help for SOCNET Archives

SOCNET Archives

Subject: Re: Is a "summit" a summit?
From: Valdis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:58:02 -0400

For quite few years, in the business world, SNA has been referred to
as...
* organizational network analysis/mapping
* knowledge networks

'social', and even 'informal', networks have been viewed by executives
and managers as not serious in getting work done... a naive stand, yes,
but ingrained in a numbers and engineering culture.  Funny, they are
willing to examine these same networks if they are called something
else.

Valdis