Help for SOCNET Archives

SOCNET Archives

Subject: Re: studies that compare small networks with each other
From: giuliomarini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:00:11 +0200

hello everyone,

I carried on for my Master degree in methodology a study concerning comparision between several small groups. I started to collect single squared matrices (about 50) upon undergraduates who worked with same deadlines, in the same course, with same purposes and quite same issues to be inquired (in this sense I was having to do with the same phenomenon in such a way, so I discussed it is comparable).

Eventually I made some standarditations to make the comparision more reasonable. My aim was to have a final matrix cases X variables to be analysed traditionally with spss and spad. Data analysis worked well in explanation of that phenomenon.

I am not sure it is what you are looking for, and I am still working on that from the methodological point of view.

I did not translate it yet in english, since I'll have a renewed study in jenuary 2005 with more cases (now N=440, it is reaching N=660) and refined variables.

If interested, I'll send you more details happily (in english!)

wishing best

GM

dott. Giulio Marini
Cattedra di Sociologia del Lavoro, prof. D. De Masi
Facoltà di Scienze della Comunicazione
Università "La Sapienza" di Roma
00186 via Salaria 113, Aula B1
web: www.sociologiadellavoro.it
mob: 328-9156312
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

> ***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.sfu.ca/~insna/ *****
>
> From Greg Greenberg [log in to unmask]
>

> Hello, I was wondering if someone at your organization might be aware of
> some studies that compare small networks with each other. We have data for
> 12 small networks of social service agencies. I was trying to find out if anyone has done any comparable work. Thanks very much for any assistance.
>
> Best,
> Greg Greenberg
> 203-932-5711 Extension 5585

Sponsor:
Cerchi un prestito? Fai Presto.Tan da 6.9%. Importi da 1500 a 10000 €. Da Banche Popolari
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1965&d=23-4