Help for SOCNET Archives

SOCNET Archives

Subject: Re: Validity of network ties
From: Ilan Talmud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 30 Sep 2006 09:05:46 +0200

Dear Cora:
In this study, we gather info on both online and offline relations, using
survey name generator.
  1.. * Mesch, Gustavo and Ilan Talmud "The Impact of Online Relations on
Homophily: A Social Network Analysis" Journal of Research on Adolescence
(forthcoming).  http://soc.haifa.ac.il/~talmud/homophillyfinal%20071004.pdf
  2.. * Mesch, Gustavo and Ilan Talmud. 2006. "The Quality of Online and
Offline Relationships, the role of multiplexity and duration". The
Information Society, 22(3),
  3.. * Mesch, Gustavo and Ilan Talmud. "Internet, Networks and Homophily: A
Dyadic Analysis" The International Journal of Internet Studies (in press)
http://soc.haifa.ac.il/~talmud/Homophilydyads.pdf
In a current study we are analyzing now, we use panel data to infer
causality more precisely.  The Impact of Social Network and Internet
Connectivity on Place Attachment and Political Involvement: A Comparative
and Longitudinal Analysis in Israel and in the United States (BSF Grant:
2003-2006) (with Gustavo Mesch and Keith Hampton)     See:
http://soc.haifa.ac.il/~talmud/bsf.pdf       Project Site:
http://soc.haifa.ac.il/community

Ilan Talmud, Ph.D.
Senior Lecturer
Department of Sociology and Anthropology,\
University of Haifa
Phones: 972-4--8240992 (direct)
972-4-8240995 / 8249505 (secretaries)
Fax: 972-4-8240819