Help for SOCNET Archives

SOCNET Archives

Subject: Re: SNA for adolescent students, bullying, and relationship ***Use Google***
From: Joshua O'Madadhain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:04:35 -0700

A related meta-suggestion: Windows Live Academic (a new service) is
similar to Google Scholar but also includes bibliographic information
for each entry, in several different formats; this is a very useful
extra tidbit that GS does not (yet) provide.  I don't know that WLA
pulls from the same variety of sources, though.

Joshua

On 9/19/06, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Google scholar is also a good place to look and is a bit less like walking into a library (regular google) where you get sent to the right room only to find that all the books have been put in only rough order or have been tossed all over the floor...
>
> Carolyn

> > Once again, let me point out that Google is the key to the World's
> > Biggest Library and a great place to start searches for data or
> > research
> > information.  For example, a Google search for:  "bullying social
> > networks adolescents"  (without the quotation marks) gave me these
> > items
> > on the first page:

  joshua.omadadhain@gmail.com...................www.ics.uci.edu/~jmadden
It's that moment of dawning comprehension that I live for.  -- Bill Watterson