Help for SOCNET Archives

SOCNET Archives

Subject: Re: Definition of community
From: Gerd Stumme <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:29:45 +0200

Dear all,

we are working on combining SNA with Knowledge Engineering. In a European
project, <http://www.tagora-project.eu/>, one issue is just the discovery
of communities. As the project just started, we can't provide you with a
good definition yet. (I also believe that a single definition won't do.)
But we (and others) started collecting publications and bookmarks about
that topic in our BibSonomy system. Please have a look at

  <http://www.bibsonomy.org/tag/community>
  <http://www.bibsonomy.org/tag/communities>
  <http://www.bibsonomy.org/tag/sna>
  <http://www.bibsonomy.org/tag/social>
  <http://www.bibsonomy.org/tag/networks>.

I  hope you find some useful references. We'd be happy if you join the
effort of building a virtual community community by sharing your references
as well.

Best,
Gerd

--
Prof. Dr. Gerd Stumme, Chair of Knowledge & Data Engineering,
Department of Mathematics & Computer Science, University of Kassel