Help for SOCNET Archives

SOCNET Archives

Subject: online portal
From: Dhrubodhi Mukherjee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:00:13 -0500

Hi All

I am planning to design a study of an online portal that host an Internet
based platform for senior citizens for social networking and information
accessing purposes. They have a huge list of online membership. We are
mostly interested to study how this initiative is sucessful in creating an
online social network for its affiliated members and connecting them to
information about health and other services and other areas of interest. I
would appreciate if any of you cen refer  me literature or suggestion on how
to go about desgining the data collection procedures? Any literature on such
online social network research also would be very appreciated.

thanks

Dhrubodhi

Dhrubodhi Mukherjee. MSW, Ph.D
Assistant Professor