Help for SOCNET Archives

SOCNET Archives

Subject: FW: references on scientific networks needed
From: Yves Gingras <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:30:35 -0500

Hello,

For an example of looking at the volution of co-citation networks in physics
you can look at:

Gingras, Yves, « Mapping the Changing Centrality of Physicists (1900-1944) »
in Proceedings of the 11th Conference of the International Society for
Scientometrics and Informetrics (ISSI), Madrid, Spain, 2007, pp.314-320.

The pdf for m is at:

http://www.chss.uqam.ca/Portals/0/docs/articles/issi_2007.pdf

I use cenrtality as a measure of change in the structure of the network
between 1900 and 1945.

Yves Gingras

Professeur
Département d'histoire
Centre interuniversitaire
de recherche sur la science
et la technologie (CIRST)
Chaire de recherche du Canada en histoire
et sociologie des sciences
UQAM
C.P. 8888, Succ. Centre-Ville
Montréal, Québec
Canada, H3C 3P8

Tel: (514)-987-3000-7053
Fax: (514)-987-7726

http://www.chss.uqam.ca
http://www.cirst.uqam.ca
http://www.ost.uqam.ca

> I am working with some colleagues on a proposal for a study of the
> published research on gambling and the community of researchers who do
> this research.
>
> Our hypothesis, or speculation, is that a field that has been operating
> for a long time ­ e.g., Physics ­ is more likely to have stable, dense
> networks and otherwise characteristic patterns of collaboration and
> citation than a field that has been operating for a short time.
>
> Any suggestions re literature relevant to this topic would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Best, Peter Carrington

  joshua.omadadhain@gmail.com...................www.ics.uci.edu/~jmadden
It's that moment of dawning comprehension that I live for.  -- Bill
Watterson
 My opinions are too rational and insightful to be those of any
organization.

------ Fin du message transféré