Help for SOCNET Archives

SOCNET Archives

Subject: Who and what do workers consult about their legal rights?
From: david lazer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:08:56 -0500

I have a network related query from a colleague that I would like to
pass on, specifically:

"Where do workers get their information about their rights? With whom,
and how, is that information shared?  (There are studies that show
that workers in the U.S. do not understand their legal rights as
workers.)

That is, is there research that examines the array of sources of
potential information that workers do and do not consult (e.g., people
as well as nonhuman sources)?"

I will pass along any replies, thanks.

dl

---

David Lazer
Director, Program on Networked Governance
Convener of the Blog on Complexity and Social Networks
(http://www.iq.harvard.edu/blog/netgov/)
Associate Professor of Public Policy
Kennedy School of Government
Harvard University