Help for SOCNET Archives

SOCNET Archives

Subject: Funding & Job Opportunities - US Army Research Institute
From: "Horn, Dan B Dr ARI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:30:54 -0500

The US Army Research Institute for the Behavioral and Social Sciences
(ARI) funds basic research including network science.  We will be
releasing our next call for proposals (Broad Agency Announcement) in the
next few weeks.  We fund academic and industry basic research in the US
and other countries.

You can see last year's BAA at
http://www.hqda.army.mil/ari/pdf/ARI_Basic_Research_BAA_21Feb2007.doc

Additionally, we are always looking for people to fill positions focused
on Social Network Analysis.  Most ARI researchers are psychologists, but
we do have economists and sociologists on staff.  ARI conducts internal
research and funds external basic and applied research with the mission
of supporting Soldiers, developing leaders, and improving training.  Our
researchers are civilian government employees.

The ideal candidate would be a relatively new PhD, and would likely be
located in our Washington DC office.  New PhDs typically start at the
equivalent of a GS-12 salary (pay tables are available at
http://www.opm.gov/oca/08tables/html/dcb.asp).  Employees must be US
citizens.

If you are interested in learning more about our funding or employment
opportunities, feel free to send me an email.  I'll be at Sunbelt and
would be happy to talk with people there.

Best,
Dan

---
Dan Horn, Ph.D.